Tuesday, November 15, 2011

Gettin chilly.....

October 31, 2011


Well I guess my body is acclimatizing to the weather here. I am wearing gym shorts and it is about -4 outside which would mean like 24 or 25 for yall. We are supposed to get 5 to 8 inches of snow tonight and then another 5 to 8 inches tomorrow. Yay me! Its gonna be like 11 on Thursday... Whew. Right now we get about 6 1/2 hours of sunlight. It's amazing.... So amazing that it is hard to wake up in the morning. It's pretty weird how much of a difference the light makes in how much energy you have. 


This past week we had Specialized training over the phone from Juneau with President Beesley. It was so awesome! Elder Calk(former companion) and Elder Fishburn gave training as well. Elder Hartman was sick on Friday morning so that slowed our week down just a little but not bad at all. We are still super busy and time is flying by at an ever increasing rate. Transfers are next Tuesday and I already know Elder Hartman is being transferred I just don't know who I am getting! He is sad to leave but he is ok with it. I will miss him too but life goes on! I have already had 8 companions. Nothing new for me. I am his 4th companion and he has been out for 10 months now. I have only been out for 8 months. They like to pass me around apparently. One of the other Elders here will be transferred as well. 


Whitehorse is so much prettier in the winter. When the snow falls it just makes the place so much better. I don't think my visa will be extended so I will probably be leaving Whitehorse December 20th... New area right before Christmas.... yay! I will have to make friends quick!!! hahaha 


Well I gotta get some more stuff done! I appreciate the emails and updates on life! Keep em comin! I hope yall have an awesome week!


Love,


-Elder Taylor Bowes 

No comments:

Post a Comment