Tuesday, November 15, 2011

Shorts in 32 degree weather!!

November 7, 2011


Hey yall.


This week has been pretty cool I reckon. I can tell I am getting climiatized here since I am wearing shorts right now. It's actually not that bad as long as the wind doesn't blow. 


On P-day we went to Bro. McDonalds and had a jam session and tried to record this song we have. Elder Johnson wrote it and he is a great lyricist. We didn't get it done, but I think we are going again today. 


We have continued to teach a lot! This transfer was the best of my mission so far. Elder Hartman leaves on Thursday and he is going to serve in my last area. Pretty cool! He will love it there. This weekend we are going to Anchorage with the Branch for a temple trip. I am pretty stoked about that! I will get my new companion when I arrive in Anchorage. His name is Elder Duncan and I met him his first day in the mission, but I doubt he remembers because a lot goes on in the first 2 days of the mission. He is like 6' 4 or 5". I will be the shortest out of 4 missionaries here in Whitehorse. New for me... 


I am excited to go to Anchorage, but I am not looking forward to the 13 hour drive... 


I think this transfer will be even better though because I was told Elder Duncan likes to work hard. I will be Senior over him. I get to drive the Silverado now. I am happy to be able to drive again. I hate riding. Anyways though. I am sorry my emails have been kinda lame lately. they will get better. I promise. Hope yall have a great week!


-Elder Bowes

No comments:

Post a Comment